Wednesday, June 4, 2008

In the News

KXAN, the Austin NBC station, aired a short feature on our summer ride during yesterday's 6 o'clock news. A link to the video is above the picture.

We were filmed by KXAN for almost three hours, but a three-minute video segment aired on television. We were also taped during awkward moments, but the absence of a microphone spared us the embarrassment. For instance, while filming my teammate MJ was telling me about a friend's streaking adventure, which is what I'm laughing about during the video clip.

The cameraman, Ed, didn't seem to care about the content of our conversation. He also seemed to enjoy putting the microphone down my shirt—over and over again.

On another note, it's really great to have various opportunities to share our message when we've spent the past nine months organizing this trip. Our various committees have worked hard to book host families and lodging, to solicit food donations, and to fundraise, so I'm happy to share our progress with the greater community.

1 comment:

1 said...

Good luck tomorrow, Kat! I hope the weather is nice for the first day of your ride